Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Beginning


I've been in a quest for years to find the ultimate platform for my R/C Battle Tank project. Most of the R/C tanks available in the current Malaysian market is either in 1:24 (VsTank), 1:18 and 1:16 (Heng Long). For the rest of the world, apart from the ones mentioned, you will be able to find odd range such as 1:15 (Bandai), 1:35 (Tamiya) and etc.

The rest will be custom built by tank hobbyist and enthusiast, and normally will range from 1:10 and 1:8 to 1:4 (this scale will certainly provoke the local military).

Lately, I managed to find another scale which is so perfect and serious enough for big boys to toy around with. It is 1:12, which in other word, 1/12 of the length of the real tank. I've seen this during my last trip to KL in Times Square, it is love at first sight. However, I can't managed to get it because of logistic issue, the package is just too enormous in size for me to carry home.

Last 2 weeks, it came to my suprise when I saw it on the shelf in a local toy shop. Priced at RM 399, kind of high but I believe it is worth to prevent the agony of regretting thereafter for not bringing it home.

Plan to go and cash it out during the weekend, and it will be the 1st masterpiece to roll out from this R/C Tanks Factory.

No comments: